All soups are great for a cool day, but this one especially. Just the right amount of Cayenne gives this soup an extra kick, while the roasted veggies add the perfect amount of sweetness. And bonus! It's completely dairy free.
Roasted Tomato and Carrot Soup (dairy free)Prep + Cooking Time:
Makes 6 Servings
- 2 Pounds of fresh on-the-vine tomatoes
- 4 Medium carrots, peeled, ends removed
- 1/2 Sweet onion, diced
- 2 Garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3 Cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 (13.5 ounce) Can of full fat coconut milk
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice fresh on-the-vine tomatoes into quarters, and chop carrots into thick chunks. Place tomatoes and carrots on an oven safe baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes and carrots, and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
- While tomatoes and carrots roast in the oven, grab a large pot. Add onions, garlic, chicken broth, and cayenne pepper to the pot, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring contents of the pot to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once the tomatoes and carrots are roasted, take them out of the oven and add them to the large pot.
- Stir in the coconut milk, and bring the mixture back up to a low boil.
- Once the soup reaches a low boil, decrease the heat again and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat off. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup in the large pot until it reaches your desired creamy consistency. You can also use a regular blender, but you will need to wait until the soup completely cools.