This is an incredible post workout meal packed with protein and veggies. It's extremely customizable too! Any ground meat and veggies would work with this. Start with this recipe, or use it as inspiration to make your own protein packed power bowl! FYI this recipe uses fish sauce. I use red boat fish sauce as it's one of the only ones out there that's Whole 30 and Paleo compliant. Plus, despite the smell, it TASTES delicious in this recipe. Trust me! Still don't believe me? No worries, you can do without it and this power bowl will still taste great.
Beef and Potato Power BowlPrep + Cooking Time:
Makes 4 Servings
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Sweet onion, diced
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 6 Medium red potatoes, diced
- 1 Pound ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminios (or soy sauce)
- 1 Teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon red chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 Cups Trader Joe's Cruciferous Crunch mix (or a mixture of kale, shaved brussels and cabbage)
- Green onion, sliced (optional for garnish)
- Salt and Pepper
- In a large skillet, heat up extra virgin olive oil and add in the sweet onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until onions become translucent.
- Add in garlic and red potatoes and saute for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes start to soften. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in ground beef and saute until the beef is completely browned.
- Enjoy Add in coconut aminos, fish sauce, and red chili pepper flakes and stir for an additional minute.
- Enjoy Add in Cruciferous Crunch mix and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Optional: Garnish with sliced green onions on top.
- Enjoy hot.