Probably one of the easiest meal prep recipes you could possibly make. There's no excuse not to eat breakfast every morning. Steel cut oats make this a nice and chewy oatmeal in the morning, but feel free to use any oats you like. You can even opt to heat this up in the morning if you like it warm.
Overnight Steel Cut OatsPrep + Cooking Time:
Makes 3 Servings
- 1 cup Steel cut oats
- 1.5 cups Unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons Maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Chia seeds
- Berries, bananas, cacao nibs, etc. (optional toppings)
- Mix oats, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and chia seeds into bowl/glass storage container and stir. Do not add in the berries just yet.
- Cover, and leave in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight for best results.
- After oats have sat for at least 6 hours, stir and serve in individual bowls topped with berries or other delicious toppings (some other topping ideas include: coconut flakes, nuts, almond butter, cinnamon, and cacao nibs).
- Serve cold. Mike prefers his overnight oats heated in the microwave so this is an option too!