This chicken salad is so quick and easy. If you have leftover cooked chicken on hand and have no idea what to do with it, make yourself this creamy and smooth avocado chicken salad. Granny smith apples make this salad slightly tart and sweet, and the avocado "mayo" makes everything come together nicely. Add some chopped walnuts for extra crunch!
Avocado Chicken SaladPrep + Cooking Time:
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 Large ripe avocado
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Pound cooked chicken breast, diced
- 2 Stalks celery, chopped
- 3 Green onions, sliced
- 1 Granny smith apple, diced
- 1/2 Cup walnuts, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together all the ingreidents for the dressing and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients for the salad and toss to mix.
- Pour the dressing over salad and fold in gently until salad is evenly tossed.
- Enjoy cool.
Tip: If you have leftovers, squeeze lemon juice over the rest of your salad and mix in order to prevent the salad from changing color.