This hash is one of my favorite go to's for a healthy weekend brunch, or a quick dinner post workout. You can mix it up with mostly any ground meat and veggies you have in your fridge. Make it your own!
Sausage and Sweet Potato Breakfast HashPrep + Cooking Time:
Makes 4 Servings
- 3 Small sweet potatoes (or 1 large), peeled and cubed
- 1/2 Sweet onion, diced
- 2 Garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 pound ground mild Italian sausage or 5 mild Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 4 Eggs
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat your skillet to medium high heat. Once heated, add about a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add diced onion and season with a little bit of salt. Stir for about 5 minutes, or until translucent and browning just a little on the edges.
- Add cubed sweet potato chunks and season with a bit more salt and pepper (the sausage is salty so be sure not too add too much salt). Stir for another 5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic to the skillet and stir for another minute.
- Add the sausage and add to the skillet, breaking apart with your hands if needed.
- Lower heat to medium and stir until sweet potato chunks have softened and sausage is fully cooked (about 10 minutes).
- Make 4 small indents in the mixture and crack an egg into each indent. Cover your skillet (I used a baking dish on top of my cast iron to do this) for 3-4 minutes.
- Uncover and serve hot. Egg whites should be completely cooked with the yolks perfectly runny inside.