Trader Joe's recently came out with a new spice blend called "Everything but the Bagel" seasoning. I stuck with the theme of "Everything but the Bagel" and came up with a paleo breakfast that won't disappoint.
Bagel-less Everything Breakfast with Avocado, Eggs, & LoxPrep + Cooking Time:
Makes 2 Servings
- 2 Avocados (ripe, but firm)
- 4 Large eggs
- Trader Joe's Everything but the Bagel seasoning blend
- 2 ounces of Smoked salmon
- Fresh dill for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Using a knife, halve the avocados and remove the seeds.
- Using a large spoon, scoop enough avocado meat to form a wide area for the eggs to sit. You'll want to make sure not to scoop too deep as this will make the eggs cook slower. Scoop wide instead.
- Place each avocado half onto an oven safe baking sheet.
- Crack an egg into each avocado half. If the egg doesn't fit, you can always crack 4 eggs into a separate bowl first, scoop in the yolk from each egg, and fill the rest of the avocado with the right amount of egg whites.
- Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until egg whites are fully cooked.
- Top with smoked salmon and fresh dill. Optional: you can also add chopped red onion, capers, or other toppings of your choice. Get creative!
- Enjoy warm.